Production Machine Operator (Vitagos) – Casual Part Time Position
As a result of the current expansion at Vitalus Nutrition Inc. (www.vitalus.com) we are hiring for the position of Machine Operator (casual part time) in anticipation of starting up our new plant for Vitagos. The primary role of the Vitagos Operator is the safe and efficient operation of the equipment, in order to make product that meets quality standards and product specification. The Vitagos Operator is a member of the Vitalus team and as such, participates in team efforts to achieve company goals, and provides support to other roles within operations as required.
This position requires shift work, weekend and holiday rotations in a 24/7 operation.
• High school diploma and two years’ experience in a manufacturing environment related to food or a similar industry. Pasteurizer operation and/or dairy plant experience an asset.
• Working knowledge of HACCP or other quality systems.
• Experience in operating manual and power pallet jacks and forklifts.
• Mechanical aptitude. Dexterity to turn valves, connect pipes, assemble fittings.
• Fluent English (verbal and written communication skills) with the ability to follow and give clear instructions.
• Highly detail oriented.
• Able to lift 25 kg (55 lbs.)
• Able to work in confined spaces.
• Capability to work independently without constant supervision.
• Working proficiency in MS Word, MS Outlook, and spreadsheet/database (MS Excel). PLC experience an asset