EggSolutions – Vanderpols Inc is a company who values their employees. Located in the Fraser Valley, we are a family owned company proudly servicing local and international customers for 65 years. This stability has not limited our ongoing growth and therefore has created numerous advancement opportunities for employees at all levels. We constantly look for ways to improve the work environment, provide a safe workplace, listen to our employees, communicate company information, and provide ongoing training to assist employees in performing their current job and also prepare them for career opportunities. We also offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
The primary role of the Plant Supervisor is to ensure that the production plan is carried out on schedule, and consistent product quality and integrity is maintained during the manufacturing process. The Plant Supervisor directly supervises and coordinates team leads and staff in a manner that creates engagement and productivity within the team and the facility. The secondary role of this position is to assist the Plant Manager in identifying and improving operational effectiveness and efficiency within all aspects of production including playing a leadership role in creating a safe work environment and ensuring compliance with corporate industry, and regulatory safety standards. This position must be available to work day and afternoon shifts.
The Key Responsibility Areas are:
COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills, Ability)
- Production & Operations
- Quality & Customer Focus
- Safety & Work Environment
- Continuous Improvement
- Demonstrates leadership ability and interpersonal skills that engage employees, create a team environment, drive employee productivity and competence, and achieve plant business goals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the proven ability to communicate one-on-one and in group settings.
- Focus on quality including the development and adherence to Quality Policy and standard operating procedures that create plant efficiencies.
- Maintains updated knowledge and strong technical expertise of HACCP and SQF regulations, and practices.
- Flexible and controlled under crisis situations.
- Knowledge & application of lean manufacturing principles
- Problem solver with solid analytical skills and the ability to trouble shoot as the need arises. Involves staff in the decision making process.
- Takes initiative to improve health and safety practices and processes.
Please Note: This company is only accepting applications from Canadian residents