Parts Counter Clerk
Ironside Design Manufacturing is an ISO 9001 Certified metal manufacturing and repairs facility with a local repair store that has serviced our community for over a century. We are currently looking for a self-motivated individual to join our Industrial Parts & Repair Shop Sales team to assist with taking in customer orders for parts or shop work and issuing it to the shop floor for completion.
This position requires the applicant to oversee the duties of the store front counter and be the liaison between the customer and the shop, ensuring that all jobs get completed in a timely manner. The position will assist customers from job inquiry through to completion or to ordering in specific parts to meet their needs. Additionally, tracking all orders through the computer system, issuing Work Orders and completing invoicing and processing payments are all key parts of this position.
This would be a great position for someone who has experience on the shop floor (machinist, fabricator, general labourer, plasma, etc.) but is looking to transition into a position that is less physical (but still likes to be a part of helping customer projects come together).
- Complete invoices, work orders and courier paperwork as needed for shop jobs and retail sales
- Create order lists for purchaser and/or to assist Parts & Repair Salesperson or Manager
- Responsible to complete work orders
- Knowledge of different alloy materials
- Knowledge of different metal sizes and measurements
- Work well individually and collectively
- Be capable of moving up to 40lb objects distances more than 20ft
- MRP experience a plus
- Microsoft email knowledge
- Multi tasking
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Attention to Detail
Benefits and Other Information:: After successful 90 day probationary period, full benefits and MSP coverage provided.
After one full year, access to our RRSP program available
Birthday and Work Anniversary Recognition
Two Formal Employee social events per year
Service Awards and Recognition