Ironside Design Manufacturing is an ISO 9001 Certified Rollform equipment manufacturing and local repair shop that is currently looking for a self motivated individual to assist in our Machine Shop. Experience with a manual lathe and a horizontal boring mill are a bonus. Full time position. Open to Machinist Apprentices willing to be trained to meet requirements below.
Must have knowledge of different alloy materials, working knowledge of machining equipment, tools and mechanical devices used. Must also be able to follow written and verbal instructions and be able to read and interpret production drawings. Additionally, a good candidate must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. A strong attention to detail.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the quality of workmanship in assigned area, ensuring work is done in accordance with the Shop Manufacturing Controls procedure and are of good craftsmanship.
- Responsible to complete jobs according to each work order
- Responsible to carry out basic machine tool maintenance and/or preventive maintenance on equipment and complete the corresponding forms as necessary.
- Ensure time and materials are properly tracked and allocated to each job
- To be punctual and available for a minimum of 40 hours of work per week
- Maintain a safe work environment
Benefits and Other Information:: After successful 90 day probationary period, full benefits and MSP coverage provided.
After one full year, access to our RRSP program available
Application Instructions: Please email all resumes with subject "Machinist"
Please Note: This company is only accepting applications from Canadian residents