Industrial Parts & Shop Front Desk Sales Person
Ironside Design Manufacturing is an ISO 9001 Certified metal manufacturing and repairs facility with a local repair store that has serviced our community for over a century. We are currently looking for a self-motivated individual to join our Industrial Parts & Repair Shop Sales team to assist with taking in customer orders for parts or shop work and issuing it to the shop floor for completion.
This position requires the applicant to oversee the duties of the store front counter and be the liaison between the customer and the shop, ensuring that all jobs get completed in a timely manner. The position will assist customers from job inquiry through to completion or to ordering in specific parts to meet their needs. Additionally, tracking all orders through the computer system, issuing Work Orders and completing invoicing and processing payments are all key parts of this position.
Applicants that would fit this position well are those that are customer service oriented, great at building working relationships, have a strong background in industrial parts and supplies, have working knowledge of shop equipment and manufacturing processes, as well as have an aptitude for problem solving and an incredible ability to determine solutions to meet customer requests.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Completes invoices, work orders, and way bills as required for repair jobs and retail sales
- Issues work orders, parts, tools, and equipment to shop as necessary
- Ensures store is well stocked, seeking out fair pricing and new products as necessary
- Complete purchase orders for stock and specific jobs as required, in accordance with the Purchasing procedure
- Receive and service orders from contractors and retail customers in person or over the phone and promote the sale of products that meet their requirements
- Provide prompt technical support to customers either in-person or over the phone and recommend appropriate products or services to fit their needs
- Provide timely responses related to availability, pricing, technical information
- Complete customer orders while maintaining accuracy for quantity, price, add-ons, and shipping Instructions
- Develop in-depth knowledge of all products and services offered by Ironside and stay current with any changes
- Perform work in accordance with Ironside documented policies and procedures
- MRP experience a plus
- Microsoft email knowledge
- Multi tasking
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Attention to Detail
Benefits and Other Information:: After successful 90 day probationary period, full benefits and MSP coverage provided.
After one full year, access to our RRSP program available
Birthday and Work Anniversary Recognition
Two Formal Employee events per year
Year End Awards based off of Performance
Application Instructions: Please use email subject "Retail Salesperson"