Early Childhood Educator Wanted - Rece Registered Early Childhood Educator
1. High school diploma
2. Preferably training in early childhood
3. Experience in a child care setting
4. Valid Standard First Aid and Infant/Child CPR
At Halton Hills Child Care Centre, we understand how children think and grow. We know that children learn through play. The goal of our program is to guide the children to become independent, self-confident, inquisitive learners in a safe, secure and loving environment. This goal is met by seeing the children as competent, capable, curious and rich in potential; each with unique personalities and individual needs.
Collaborate closely with the children, parents, and staff to provide a loving and caring environment where children can flourish in accordance with the Centres Program Statement, Policies and Procedures, and in compliance with the Child Care and Early Years Act (CCEYA).
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Observe, reflect and collaborate and with team members to plan and implement a program geared towards the childs individual style and pace, interests and talents that creates an environment in which the child has a sense of belonging and free to express themselves.
2. Assist children in expressing themselves by listening and responding to questions or comments that extend conversations.
3. Be actively engaged with the children.
4. Ensure the program operates in compliance with CCEYA (i.e. program statement, ratios, daily health check, etc.).
5. Ensure all areas are tidy, attractively arranged with enough materials that extend and foster the childrens exploration, play and inquiry,
6. Arrange and assist children in all transitions by appropriate cues and keeping waiting times to a minimum.
7. Organize physical and social environment to extend and expand child-directed play experiences.
8. Recognize and build on emerging skills.
9. Accurately record childrens attendance immediately as they arrive and depart.
Health and Safety
1. Provide constant supervision ensuring the health, well-being and safety of all children in the Centre is the first priority at all times, both inside and outside.
2. Respond to the childrens care needs as developmentally appropriate in a respectful and prompt manner in the areas of toileting, dressing, eating, rest, life skills, medication and first aid.
3. Role model appropriate social interactions, problem solving practices and respect for others.
4. Monitor the children throughout the day for changes in health, demeanor and behaviour.
5. Practice healthy eating habits and good table manners with the children creating a pleasant mealtime atmosphere.
6. Follow Sanitary Practices Policy (i.e. cleaning and disinfecting of toys and equipment, etc.)
7. Assist in maintaining a safe and healthy work environment by promptly reporting any existing and/or potential workplace hazards.
8. Participates in fire drills and other emergency procedures as necessary.
1. Establishes and maintains day to day communication with parents.
2. Post documentation about childrens daily experiences, projects, special moments, etc.
3. Ensure pertinent information is only shared with the appropriate person and information is kept confidential.
4. Accurately record communication from parents, incidents reports, medications, fire drills and all significant events in the class daily log book .
5. Actively take part in orientation of new staff members, students, volunteers, and families.
6. Participate in the mentoring and supervision of volunteers and students.
1. Engage in positive collaboration with other program staff and management.
2. Share knowledge, ideas and resources with other staff.
3. Participates in staff meetings, ongoing professional development and/or training.
4. Other duties that may be assigned by the Director. Please visit childcareadvantage.com to view full details and to apply. FREE REGISTRATION and lots of jobs to choose from!